Friday 15 July 2011

theres a first for everything - SPRAY TAN!

So I got my fake tan done today... and I'm happy with it, i think...
Honestly, I'm so pale, and I don't like being pale, but with my circumstances, fake tan hasn't been top on my list of priorities, so of course I've dealt with it. I went in with the notion that when I walked out of the salon I would be bronzed and beautiful, but honestly, I'm pale and freckly, so there was no way I would retreat looking like an amazon goddess, it would be ridiculous. So I go in to my wee room, stand there awkwardly in my underwear until the assistant comes knocking, where she informs me I can keep my underwear on or take it off (pretty sure I almost cried at the notion of being butt naked in front of her, safe to say I have pasty white strips where my bra and knickers were), and asked me what type of tan I was going for, to which I replied not too dark... and off we went. Walking out, I hated it. It was pale, sticky, and slightly orange tinged, and I began to regret it, but as my day went on, the colours developed and its getting better as it goes. I took before and after pictures, although I took the after pictures about an hour after, so the difference is extremely extremely subtle, its a lot deeper colour now, but still very natural, I'll have to update this once I've washed once. Hence exhibit A:


Small wee outfit of the day- dress from H&M, was about 12 pounds if I remember correctly, primark belt. This the only baggy thing I own? Like I have baggy tops, but no baggy bottoms whatsoever, and your not supposed to have anything tight on after a tan, so I settled for this. Excuse the no makeup/topknot, preparing for my tan meant no products whatsoever, I was determined to follow every rule to a tee! I have to say, definietly impressed with the tan, although yet to decide wether I want it darker or not, I'll let you know when I finally make up my mind.

Peace out bubs,
Kirsty

0 comments: